Saturday, July 23, 2011

A few of my favorite Arabic songs. Enjoy!!

After coming across a song from “Richii” today (well, I got it in my Facebook inbox as a “must watch”…probably because it is ridiculous) I got the idea of sharing some of my favorite Arabic songs (although his song “Gowa Hodny” is definitely not a close contender for a favorite). A few of these songs have videos but most of them do not. I love so many Arabic songs and artists. But here are a few songs that had a significant impact on my life (sounds so dramatic, right?). Most of these are close to my heart because I fell in love with them while in the process of learning Arabic. Some are Egyptian, some are from the Levante, some are Khaliji, and one is Iraqi…well, I guess the songs are just a big mix of dialects. Basically, I would be satisfied with Elissa (not live though haha) and Rashed Al Majid if there were no other artists.  Enjoy! Maybe you will find a few new songs to enjoy, even if you don’t know what they are saying.

This song will make you fall in love with Arabic music. Elissa is the BEST!

The most romantic Arabic song I can remember!

A really fun song you might hear in a restaurant! I actually created this video haha!

This song says so much about Arabic music and its complexity and sound.
This is quite possibly my FAVORITE. I wish I could find a HQ version. Listen with headphones!! I love A9ala!

It doesn't get more beautiful than this song!

A classic Haifa Wehbe song. You can see the differences in music videos.



Just a fun song from an artist I am proud to admit I like -- Nicole Saba.

This is that new song I mentioned in the intro. It is a good example of the weird Western/Eastern fusion "Arabic music". I don't particularly like this type of music...although the guy has a cute accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment